PELION MIDDLE SCHOOL MISSION
The mission of Pelion Middle School—where caring people, academics, the arts and athletics connect—is to prepare students for successful transition to high school as they work towards becoming productive 21st century graduates. We will accomplish this mission while serving as a center for community learning.
Therefore, we will:
- Provide opportunities to develop talents, interests, and skills through choices from a comprehensive system of 21st Century learning experiences in the arts, academics, and athletics.
- Ensure the rigor of academic core courses to improve the success of all students.
- Provide opportunities for students/staff to develop and practice leadership and citizenship skills.
- Use data to drive decision-making.
- Use innovative, standards-based instructional strategies to promote active student engagement, personalize learning, and ensure that our students are learning sophisticated 21st century skills, knowledge, and attitudes.
- Develop a culture of caring, support, and responsibility among all stakeholders.
- Engage family and community in the school environment through a variety of learning and participatory activities to promote lifelong learning.
PELION MIDDLE SCHOOL VISION
Our students will leave Pelion Middle School as self-directed, creative, collaborative, caring, and plurilingual learners who are on a path to flourish in high school and beyond in a global, competitive 21st century.
- Our schools serve as a center for community learning.
- Our students are engaged in self-directed, collaborative, high quality learning experiences that will prepare them for high school curriculum and continued life-long learning.
- Our school culture fosters the development of leadership and citizenship skills.
- All stakeholders accept responsibility for the learning of our students.
- Each student receives the personal support necessary to reach his or her goals through a caring environment that advocates for students and works to eliminate barriers to learning.