The following broad guidelines are to be used in carrying out our “NO EXCUSES” policy. Teachers may publish more detailed guidelines for their students and parents.
Keep in mind that the purpose of the policy is to set high standards for students and to create a school climate in which students understand that failure to turn in work, or turning in work of clearly inferior quality, will not be tolerated. We want students to understand that we BELIEVE that they can do quality work and therefore we will hold them accountable to do so. We realize that teachers, students, and parents must believe in this policy for it to work.
CONSEQUENCES FOR NOT TURNING IN WORK OR FOR NOT TURNING WORK OF ACCEPTABLE QUALITY
- Re-do work during P.A.W.S.
- Contact parent by agenda, phone, or in person.
- Refer to guidance or an administrator for counseling.
- Require students to make up work at recess time
- Report to coach, director, or other activity sponsor.
CUT OFF POINTS
After a reasonable amount of time teachers may record of 50 for assignments not turned in.
- Grades may be recorded as a 50 at the interim and at the 9-Weeks if not turned in.
- Students understand that some assignments cannot be made up due to the nature of the assignment or the fact that the assignment is corrected in class on the due date.
MAKE UP TIME
The following may be used by teams. They may create other times that do not interfere with normal instruction for other students.
- During P.A.W.S.
- During recess time.
- Before school as teachers schedule time.
- After school as teachers schedule time.